Published on November 28th, 2012 | by Edwin Knights0
Black Ops 2 Remains #1 as Hitman Absolution Hits the Shelves in UK
Although it received its worst debut within the last five years, Black Ops 2 has already outperformed Modern Warfare 3 as well as the highly popular “Hitman Absolution”. It respectably earned its second week at the number one spot although sales had dropped a staggering 81%. And while this may seem like a lot, it is still performing a lot better than Modern Warfare 3, which dropped about 87% after the first week.
And by the end of the second week, the sales for Black Ops 2 were up by 15%. This suggests that there may have been some skepticism regarding the initial launch. But that is long gone now as more and more players are starting to invest in this highly popular game. Let’s take a look at how the game Hitman Absolution made out.
Although Hitman Absolution couldn’t make it to the number one spot in regards to sales, it did have its most successful launch in the history of the series. It outsold the 2006 game “Blood Money” by almost three times the amount. And the sales between all of the gaming consoles were very close with the PlayStation 3 at 42%, the PC at 9%, and the Xbox360 at 49%.
And well before Christmas is when the rest of the top-10 list really began to solidify itself. For example, FIFA 2013 rose about 2% in sales while Assassin’s Creed III didn’t raise or lower at all. It is safe to say that these two games will remain in their perspective spots for the remainder of the year. Lord of the Rings had managed to make its way to the number six spot on the charts.
UK Charts For Individual Games (November 24th, 2012)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Xbox 360)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (PlayStation 3)
- Hitman: Absolution (Xbox 360)
- Hitman: Absolution (PlayStation 3)
- Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
- Just Dance 4 (Wii)
- FIFA 2013 (Xbox 360)
- Assassin’s Creed 3 (Xbox 360)
- Assassin’s Creed 3 (PlayStation 3)
- Lego Lord of the Rings (Xbox 360)
UK Charts For Multi-Format Games (November 24th, 2012)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360)
- Hitman: Absolution (PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360)
- FIFA 2013 (PC, PSP, 3DS, PSV, Wii, PlayStation 2, and PlayStation 3)
- Assassin’s Creed 3 (PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360)
- Halo 4 (Xbox 360)
- Lego Lord of the Rings (DS, 3DS, PSV, PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360)
- Just Dance 4 (Wii Kinect)
- Skylanders Giants (3Ds, Wii, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360)
- Need For Speed: Most Wanted (PSV, PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360)
- Dishonored (PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360)
Hitman Absolution was released on Friday and again, the Xbox 360 version performed the best amounting with 50% in total sales. The PlayStation 3 accumulated about 32% of total sales while the 3DS and the Nintendo DS made up about 6% of the sales. The next week will be the release of the Wii U, one console that probably won’t come close to the number one spot for Christmas. It is safe to say that Black Ops 2 will keep its spot as champion game throughout the remainder of this year.